When we came to Austin for Matts lacrosse scrimmage, Julie and I picked some baby pumpkins from moms pumpkin "patch."
Then the weekend before Halloween we made the mistake of carving our pumpkins. Unfortunately we forgot how fast pumpkins go bad down here in this Texas heat so they were pretty "wilty" by Halloween...but at least we had fun carving them. (Oh and did I forget to mention, they were awesome!?)
Julie's was a willow tree, mine was a mummy, and Jesse's was a....cyclops?...we think? haha He's a pretty simple guy so I guess the pumpkin did a good job of reflecting that. (or maybe he's just smarter than us because by only carving two small triangles...his pumpkin lasted longer than ours).
And finally, here is a picture from working the Haunted House at the dance studio. Julie, Matt, Matt's roomates (Mark and Shane), and Troutt helped me out at the studio. (I discovered I have AMAZINGly reliable friends....and the night all worked out, thanks to them!)
In case the picture isn't clear enough:
I'm Elastigirl from The Incredibles,
Shane, Matt, and Mark are professional athletes (go figure)...but when they put the pillow cases over their heads, they're characters from The Strangers. (I think?)
and Julie was Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray!!
1 comment:
That is one amazing mummy pumpkin Elastigirl!
Post a Comment