So some updates on things going on in my life. Sorry I'm not good at being a "regular blogger."
First off, since the last post was like 2 weeks ago...my graduating/class status has changed. I have since met with the departmental advisor (a very last minute meeting), changed my major to general mass communication, been given permission to substitute some classes that are NOT normally allowed, AND I am happy to say I am now graduating in May again!! In other words, even when I doubted....God was faithful. After lots of frustration and praying, I finally let God take control of the situation and trusted that He had a different plan for me. Once I had peace with it all, I couldn't believe how easily God worked everything out for the best. Wow, let me just say...God is good.
Next, I found myself planning, setting up, working, and cleaning up the "Haunted House" that our dance studio put on. It was a pretty long day of running on little sleep and a lot of running around trying to get stuff done in time for the kids to show up. It ended up working out pretty well (all thanks to my WONDERFUL reliable friends who helped out a ton!) There weren't as many kids as I hoped for, but it was a fun time. I was "Elastigirl" from The Incredibles and Julie (my roommate) was Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray. I mean it IS the one day a year that you can go all out in getting dressed up, so we took advantage of the fun night. :)
First off, since the last post was like 2 weeks ago...my graduating/class status has changed. I have since met with the departmental advisor (a very last minute meeting), changed my major to general mass communication, been given permission to substitute some classes that are NOT normally allowed, AND I am happy to say I am now graduating in May again!! In other words, even when I doubted....God was faithful. After lots of frustration and praying, I finally let God take control of the situation and trusted that He had a different plan for me. Once I had peace with it all, I couldn't believe how easily God worked everything out for the best. Wow, let me just say...God is good.
Next, I found myself planning, setting up, working, and cleaning up the "Haunted House" that our dance studio put on. It was a pretty long day of running on little sleep and a lot of running around trying to get stuff done in time for the kids to show up. It ended up working out pretty well (all thanks to my WONDERFUL reliable friends who helped out a ton!) There weren't as many kids as I hoped for, but it was a fun time. I was "Elastigirl" from The Incredibles and Julie (my roommate) was Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray. I mean it IS the one day a year that you can go all out in getting dressed up, so we took advantage of the fun night. :)
Finally, this past weekend I got to go home and see the family--and britt and matt came into town so we got to watch the Texas v. Texas Tech game....yes......unfortunately it was an upsetting night for football. Except for my sister, who happened to be the only one wearing red at The Tavern, where we went to watch the game. All well--a well-deserved Tech win.
Let's see, on top of this all I haven't really had a voice, so I've sounded like a man for about a week now unfortunately, and on top of that--the cough is back. Yep, for those few of you reading that truly know me...you know what I'm talking about. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that as my voice comes back, the cough will go away, but we all know how that has worked out over the years haha...
Oh and I told all my (dance) classes that they could either wear part of their costume or something orange and black to class the week of Halloween. A few of them came all dressed up so I took some pictures because I couldn't stop cracking up at how adorable they looked! 
Let's see, on top of this all I haven't really had a voice, so I've sounded like a man for about a week now unfortunately, and on top of that--the cough is back. Yep, for those few of you reading that truly know me...you know what I'm talking about. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that as my voice comes back, the cough will go away, but we all know how that has worked out over the years haha...
Now that Halloween has passed though, I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving because that means only about a week of classes after that and then it's CHRISTMAS BREAK! Oh I loooove this time of year (I think I said that on one of my last posts, but just wanted to reinforce that opinion of mine).
1 comment:
yes you are right... God is good and in charge. I had a similar problem with grad schools, I will tell you all about it when I get back!
Post a Comment