"God’s wisdom is perfect. In His omnipotence He sees what we as humans cannot. He knows what transpires in the minds of men. He knows the consequences of every action we will undertake. Moreover, His judgement is not clouded by the corruption of sin. Our judgement is tainted by wickedness. It is for this reason that we often act out of sinful impulses and selfish gain. But God, because He is holy and just, can only act out of righteousness and purity. In His love, He offered up Himself to us on the Cross so that, through His cleansing of our sinful nature and through Him indwelling in our hearts, He will be able to guide our lives according to His flawless wisdom. As long as we stay within His good and perfect will, we are assured of the promise that our evil desires will not ensnare us and that the poison of regret will not consume us. How do we discern the will of God? It is only through prayer and the reading of His Word. By spending time in His presence, He will give us the strength to abandon all that is holding us back, and the wisdom to make the most of every second of the lives He has given to us by allowing Him to guide our steps. With Him as our compass, let us look forward with hope and embrace the glorious future He has planned for us!" (emphasis mine)Click. Can you see that shining light bulb above my head? He's the Lord of Nations and the Creator of Heaven and Earth. If He wanted to get a message across, He could spell it out in the clouds; but yet He chooses to use profoundly simple truth's to reveal Himself to us.
I've been praying lately for discernment between where the Lord is guiding me and my own attempts to guide myself. I continue to hear a resounding, "just wait." I'm a person who attempts to plan, control and organize her way through life....
I bite my lip a little harder. My eyes get twice as big.
Why are those two words so hard? I believe the Lord has perfect timing and I believe "in all things God works for the good of those who love him.." (Romans 8:28). HOWEVER, my version of waiting isn't very peaceful; in fact it's more like: You want me to wait? What am I waiting for? Why am I waiting? When will I be done waiting? Maybe I'll be done waiting by next week!? Can you distract me so that I don't know that I'm waiting for something?
Lord I assume you shake your head at me a lot...sorry.
After thinking about how ridiculous I sound, I realized that I shouldn't be fighting Him on this. I should be drawn to thankful adoration; praising Him for giving me that answer! The Lord ALLOWS me to rest in Him; to wait safely under His protection; to release all of my anxious thoughts and worries onto Him. The Lord will give me the strength to abandon all that is holding me back, and give me the wisdom [His perfect wisdom!] to make the most of every second of the life He's given me...
Wow. How He can continually love a people that so often get it wrong is beyond my comprehension. What a patient, majestic, loving, merciful, perfect Father I have...that He would never leave my side though my heart is so prone to wander.
1 comment:
Amen what a blessing this word has been unto my life often times I find my self impatient towards little things even such as getting my check and buying things I want, yet it drives us away from the heart of thanksgiving that we should have, thanking Him that we even have a job to begin with! God is good :)
Post a Comment