Our high school team just got back from the Dominican Republic last night. As there's a high probability that I've mono for about 10 days now, I'm still not moving at the quickest pace so I need some time to process everything and gain some energy back. I'll post pictures, videos and updates soon - in the meanwhile click here to see some of the videos that are up.
Things I appreciate HERE:
air conditioning,
electricity,
clean water,
flushing toilet paper in the toilet,
clean water bottle that doesn't smell bad,
feeling dry,
my pillow,
clean clothes,
not living out of a suitcase,
less mosquitos
Things I already miss in the DR:
Miguelina, Silvia y Anaisa,
the Mak staff,
our family of 17,
having three home-cooked meals everyday,
hearing Yulena's laugh,
gazing in awe at the night sky and the stars that brighten it up,
Juan (THE gua gua man) and Fidelio (not Castro),
standing in a lagoon on the beach in Caberete,
crazy driving (every man for himself),
girl talk,
holding little kids hands,
hearing Dominicanas singing: "Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save"
Sunday, August 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment