Day Three- Puerto Plata (Villa Montellano), DR
¡Jesús es mío! Vivo en él. Jesus in mine! I live in Him.
Today we were invited to visit the church Chris and Erika go to - Iglesia Templo Biblico. Of course I didn't understand most of what was said, but I could follow along and get the jist of it. The pastor talked about Hebreos 7:1-28
"If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood...why was there still a need for another priest to come..?" (verse 11) That's just it - perfection can NOT be found in the law (verse 19), because the law makes nothing perfect; it's flawed; it is unfulfilling; ONLY Christ can make us a better offer. Only Christ can reign forever. So just any priest was not good enough because it didn't bring a Savior. Only God can satisfy our need - and He accomplished that through His covenant to send an eternal priest (Christ) to intercede on our behalf (verse 28)....what a powerful morning worshiping the same God in different languages. It's incredible to see how to Lord works. He is so big....alone we can do nothing, but with Christ we can move mountains.
After church we went to La Tienda...the moment I stepped out of the gua gua, a little girl ran up to me and grabbed my hand. No words were exchanged. For some reason, nothing I could or wanted to say seemed appropriate. So instead, we walked silently to La Tienda, where she held her grasp as I walked through the shop. When it was time to go, she gave me a little squeeze and walked away. This might sound silly, but I feel like just holding her hand was enough for both of us at that moment. My heart aches thinking about her sweet little face and the feel of her dirty, calloused fingers. She was beautiful. Lord, how did you travel from poor village to poor village - touching, healing, loving on the sick, the children, the sinners? One little girl comes along and my heart adores her in less than a minute. Lord, I pray she would be surrounded by those who love You and know You. Watch over Your little ones...
Porque mejor es un día en tus atrios que mil fuera de ellas. Salmo 84:10
"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10
No comments:
Post a Comment